1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide for collection of parcels within our store network, completing forms online, including if you register as a user of the Site or any feature of the Site, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information or enter into any competition or promotion we may run or sponsor;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
- details of parcels processed through our network, your visits to the Site, parcels the resources you access and any data you download; and
- information about your interactions with us and brands on social media, including information about your preferences, likes, dislikes and demographics.
2. Uses made of your information
We will use the information you provide to:
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through our parcel collection network and which you request;
- audit the downloading of data from our website;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research and create profiles on our users’ demographics, preferences, likes and dislikes which will help us provide personalised services, content and offers that match your profile or which we believe may be of interest to you;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
- conduct market research surveys, if you choose to participate in them;
- administer competitions we may run or sponsor;
- keep track of your activity and behaviour on our Site in order to improve the level of service you receive and to increase the functionality of the Site, including monitoring and analysing usage and trends, determining the effectiveness of our ads and personalising and improving the Site;
- link or combine with other information we get from third parties (including social media networks) to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- interact with you on social media platforms.
3. Personal information sharing
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our network or website in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
With your authorisation we may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Network or website, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
4. Information collected automatically on the website
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, the website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. We do not seek to identify you from this information and, subject to paragraph 3 above, it is generally only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
5. Storage of your information
We may transfer personal information to third parties for further processing in accordance with the purposes set out in paragraph two above. In particular, personal information may be transferred to our outsourced service providers located abroad. In these circumstances we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate technical, organisational, contractual or other lawful means. Please contact us for more information about the safeguards which we have put in place to protect personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
6. Your rights
Data protection law provides individuals with numerous rights, including the right to: access, rectify, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of, their personal information. You can view and update or rectify your personal information by logging into your registered user account on the Website. You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our products and services, either at the point such information is collected on the Site (by checking the relevant box) or by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this privacy statement.
If you have a complaint about how we process your personal information, in the first instance you should contact us directly and we will do our best to resolve the issue. If you believe we have not satisfactorily resolved your complaint, you also have the right to lodge a complaint
7. Retention of personal information
Personal information will be retained until as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in paragraph two above or as required by local applicable law. Please contact us for further details of applicable retention periods.
8. External links
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
9. Contacting us
Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this privacy statement or any requests concerning your personal information by emailing email@example.com
1. Cookies can be first party or third party cookies.
2. First party cookies – cookies that the website you are visiting places on your computer.
3. Third party cookies – cookies placed on your computer through the website but by third parties, such as, Google.
The cookies placed on our site
1. We use the following cookies on our website
2. Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. They are deleted when you close the browser. These are first party cookies.
These cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use our website. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it and the approximate regions that they are visiting from. These are first party cookies.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. These are first party cookies.
Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies allow us and our advertisers to deliver information more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited our Site and may help us in compiling your profile. These cookies may be first or third party and are usually persistent meaning that they will be kept on your device until their expiration or earlier manual deletion.
Social Media cookies
These cookies allow you to connect with social media networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. These are persistent cookies which will be kept on your device until their expiration or earlier manual deletion. We may combine information from these types of cookies and technologies with information about you from any other source.
Cookie consent and opting out
We assume that you are happy for us to place cookies on your device. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, if you, or another User of your device, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser setting. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our Site.
When you arrive on our Site a pop-up message will appear asking for your consent to place advertising cookies on your device. In order to provide your consent, please click ‘I understand’. Once your consent has been provided, this message will not appear again when you revisit. If you, or another User of your device, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you can do so by altering your browser settings otherwise we will assume that you are happy to receive cookies from our website. For more information please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au.